The scheme of entrance comprises of two parts :
The Written Exam and the Medical Exam with Interview. Candidate who qualify in the Written exam will be called for Medical / interview.Admission is based on merit list prepared after compilation of written as well as interview marks of the candidates and medical fitness.
Entrance Examination :
Examination is conducted on the first sunday of Jan every year. The exact date is mentioned in prospectus.
Centre of Examination :
The centers for the examination are Balachadi, Ahmedabad & Surat.
For admission to Class VI - Boys aged between 10 years and 11 years as on 01 July that year. Boys applying for admission to class VI must be studying in or must have passed class V.
For admission to Class IX - Boys aged between 13 yrs to 14 yrs as on 01 July that year. Boys applying for admission to class IX must be studying or in must have passed VIIIth Class.
Medium of Entrance Examination :
Medium of examination for class IX will be English. The answers can be written in any of the recognized languages. Question papers for Class VI will be set in English, Hindi and Gujarati and all recognised regional official language.
15% for SC, 7.5% for ST and 25% for Defence personnels including ex-servicemen.
Prospectus - cum - Application Form :
Available in Gujarati and English (bilingual) on payment of crossed bank draft in favour of Principal Sainik School Balachadi, Payable at any nationalized bank at Jamnagar. or by hand from our office in working hours. Sale of prospectus cum application start in the month of oct.
Cost of Prospectus- cum- Application Form :
For cost of Prospectus contact the office personally or on telephone.
Subjects for Entrance Examination to class VI :
- Mathematical Knowledge & Language Ability Test (one booklet) ( 200 marks).
- Intelligence Test (100 marks).
Subjects for Entrance Examination to class IX :
- Mathematics & Science (one booklet) (200+75 marks).
- English & Social Studies (one booklet) (100+75 marks).
- The pattern of question papers may change every year. The syllabus for entry into classes VI & IX will be as that of classes 5 & 8 respectively based on NCERT book. The written examination is followed by a medical examination and interview by a duly constituted Board In the month of April. Boys selected for this examination will be informed accordingly.
- Mark sheet of Written examination & Interview can be obtained from the school on payment of Rs 100/-.
Detailed Marks Sheet for entrance Examination :
Application for Detailed Marks Sheet can be provided to the Parent only of the candidates on payment of Rs. 100/- through crossed Postal Order / DD in favour of Principal Sainik School Balachadi. Copy of the Answer Sheet will not be provided. Request for marks sheet must reach the school within one month from the date of declaration of written exam results.
The appeal for medical review must reach the Principal within 15 days from the date of rejection alongwith DD of Rs 100/- (Rs 50/ - for SC/ST candidates) drawn in favour of "Principal Sainik School Balachadi ".
Admission in other Sainik Schools if low in Merit for the School Applied for :
Parents willing to admit their son / wards in other Sainik Schools, in case they are qualified but low in merit in schools of their domicile, are to give an undertaking that they are willing to admit their son/ward as full fee paying cadets in other Sainik Schools with a condition that they will not later on seek inter-school transfer.
The following must be furnished in the undertaking :
- Name of Sainik School of first choice.
- Name of Sainik School of second choice.
- Name of Sainik School of third choice.
- Any other Sainik Schools.
Legal Jurisdiction :
For any dispute with regard to admission/withdrawal/fees etc. of students, the legal jurisdiction of the school will be Jamnagar only.